Liesl, building a Lego tower: "Oh, jam! Did you hear that mommy, I said jam, instead of damn. Juh juh juh jam, not duh duh duh, with a D. 'Cause I know I shouldn't say damn. Right mommy? Isn't that good?"
******
Liesl: "When Sebastian was a baby, was I three years old?"
me: "No, you weren't born yet when Sebastian was a baby."
Liesl: "Was I dead?"
me: "No, you were still just an egg."
Liesl: "An egg? Did you eat me?"
me: helpless laughter, and assurances that no, she was not like a chicken egg, and we did not eat her.
******
Liesl, with a triangular piece of bread: "Look, a mountain!"
She takes a bite from the top: "Look, Mount St. Helens!"
******
Seb: "Want to take apart our play house and make a pirate ship?"
Liesl: "No."
Seb: "We can make lots of rooms!"
Liesl: "I said no."
Seb: "We can make a crib for the baby on our pirate ship!"
Liesl: "Yeah!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment