Sebastian: "What's the speed limit here?"
Me: "50 miles an hour"
Seb: "Then you should slow down."
Liesl: "Where are we going on this hike?"
me: "I'm not sure. I'm looking for the turnoff so that we can loop back to the parking lot, but we've been walking awhile and I expected it before now, so..."
Liesl: "We could just turn around and go back."
My children, at ages 2 and 5, are apparently already smarter than their mom. :)
1 comment:
I'm intrigued by this fairly common feeling that kids outsmart parents. It's not universal; our children have just as much trouble getting their children to sleep, eat, dress or behave as we did. But I've sought advice from our daughter about politics, spelling and other things for decades, and I recall with particular terror that at age 12 our son found me to be no challenge in chess. The worm turns mercilessly, eh?
Post a Comment