In a sad coda to our fun-filled weekend, the children have come down with a stomach virus. Liesl threw up twice in the night and again this afternoon; Seb threw up three times during the course of the day. In between, they lay around the house on the couch and the purple hippo, too lethargic and miserable to do anything. I cleaned floors and toilets and beds and did loads of laundry and cuddled smelly children. On the bright side, since they got sick together they should recover together, and we can return to our regularly scheduled play. On the other hand, I feel as though we're waiting for the other shoe to drop - will one of us get it too?
One moment that brought a smile to my face: when Liesl first threw up in the night, she cried, but she wasn't crying for herself but for bunny Fufu. She came into my room wailing, "I messed up Fufu! I got him all wet! Look! Oh, poor baby Fufu!" So our first task was to quickly wash off poor Fufu's ears so she could cuddle with him again.



No comments:
Post a Comment