On Sunday morning we hiked a portion of the Wildwood trail from Cornell Road up to Pittock mansion. The trail went straight up all the way there, with lots of switchbacks at the top. It was partly sunny and so we could see the whole downtown and east side spread out below us once we were at the peak. Sebastian did great, and Liesl consented to be carried up (she ran down on her own).
We had mortadella and sausages from Olympic Provisions for lunch, and then while the children and Steve napped I went to check out an all-women "master's level" (30 years and up) pickup frisbee game. It was great - really really fun to play again, and very different to play against only other women. I was rusty, of course, and it took me awhile to figure out that they were playing a different field setup than I was accustomed to, but once I got into it I had a terrific time. I'll definitely go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment