Monday, June 11, 2012

Mini-vacation to Boston

We're on a little vacation at the moment.  I needed to be in Boston for a summer advising session this Tuesday evening, so we decided to come up a few days early for some visiting and sight-seeing.

On Sunday we drove up in the morning and then spent all afternoon with Britta, Sam, and their boys. It was great to talk to Britta and to watch our children play together in their house and yard, and at the playground. The boys hit it off immediately and were holding hands and then play-wrestling after a few hours. We had dinner in Chinatown at a great little dive - terrific xiao long bo (soup dumplings).

Today, Monday, we spent the very early morning at Boston Common and the Public Garden, feeding pigeons and ducks and running around the monuments, ponds, and playground. It was fun to be out and about exploring new places with the children.









We then embarked on a full city trolley tour, on a double-decker bus. I was entertained by the driver commentary, and felt that I started to understand Boston's geography better than I had previously. Sebastian was just in heaven.




No comments: