As I blogged earlier, Sebastian wrote a letter to Santa requesting a new school bus, and Santa showed up in person and delivered one at his daycare holiday party. Apparently this made a deep impression. A couple of nights ago, as he was lying in bed trying to go to sleep, he asked Steve if he could write another letter to Santa and ask for more Cars movie characters (the Sheriff and Ramone). He was extremely excited about his brilliant idea. Steve explained that Santa only comes once a year, and that a year was a really long time, and so the two of them decided that they would instead write a letter to mommy asking for the cars.
This is the letter that was awaiting me at the breakfast table:
Dear Mommy,
I want Sheriff and Ramone, Mama. Please can I have them? Please Mama? I'm going to clean up my dishes when I am done eating and I will not fuss when Mommy tells me to go and I'll clean up my toys.
Thank you.
Love,
Sebastian
Steve had to prompt him re. the promises of good behavior, of course. But Seb insisted on trying to write his own name at the end. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment