
Liesl has developed this very funny habit with Steve - when he smiles at her, she gives him her very best grin, and then turns her head away from him. And then turns back, still smiling. It's very coy - like she's doing her best hair-flipping flirting with him. She rarely does it with me, and never to Sebastian. (When she looks at Sebastian, she stares at him very intently, and watches everything he does. And smiles. She's going to be his little shadow, I think.) Steve and I can't figure out why she's doing it, but it's really funny.
We were skype-chatting with Popo and Grandpa the other day, and Liesl gave me the biggest pout before she started fussing a bit. I thought my parents were going to cry from laughter, and glee, as they claimed to recognize that overly dramatic pout from my babyhood and thanked the gods of karma for blessing me with a daughter who would take after me. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
And in other news, Liesl figured out how to hold things and grasp things just yesterday and today. We've been giving her a little shaker toy, and various brightly colored noisemaking things, and she's been moving the toys around and investigating them.
We were skype-chatting with Popo and Grandpa the other day, and Liesl gave me the biggest pout before she started fussing a bit. I thought my parents were going to cry from laughter, and glee, as they claimed to recognize that overly dramatic pout from my babyhood and thanked the gods of karma for blessing me with a daughter who would take after me. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
And in other news, Liesl figured out how to hold things and grasp things just yesterday and today. We've been giving her a little shaker toy, and various brightly colored noisemaking things, and she's been moving the toys around and investigating them.
No comments:
Post a Comment