Sebastian has been asking "why" a lot lately, a clear sign that we're heading into the 3's. Most of the time, it's charming and funny, and Steve and I struggle to explain something to him that we simply take for granted. But when he gets tired or fussy, he starts to whine "whyyyyyyyy" in this nasally tone that seems calculated to drive me utterly bananas. Seriously, the tone of voice alone makes me upset. And of course when he's whining why, what he's really saying is that he doesn't want to do something - so we'll ask him to wash his hands before dinner, and he'll say "whyyyyyy?". I've tried explaining to him just why mommy dislikes the tone of voice, and he's actually trying to say why in a straight, non-whining voice more of the time.
In the category of more fun verbal interactions, Seb recently shared his understanding of the digestive system with us. Apparently, you have two tunnels in your throat. Food goes down one, and into your left leg. Drinks go down the other, and into your right leg. (All the way down, he emphasized.) When you choke, it's because the food or drink went into the wrong tunnel. I love it. Steve tried to correct him, to talk about air, but I sort of like Seb's version.
No comments:
Post a Comment