Monday, October 18, 2010
nesting, Brianna-fashion
Other people, from what I hear, prepare for an impending new baby's arrival by decorating the nursery. I'm not much an interior designer, and neither of our babies has had their own designated room to be decorated beforehand. But I have been furiously preparing in my own way. I've called our life insurance broker and pestered Steve about our will. I've had an optometrist appointment, a dentist appointment, a flu shot, a haircut, and, most radically for me, I've had a maid service come in to totally clean our apartment. I have always been firmly in the "if I can do it, I'll do it" camp - I do our taxes and research our investments and have always cleaned our home. (Ah, the double-barreled legacies of fiscally prudent and independent Massachusetts Yankees and new Chinese immigrants ...) But between work, Sebastian, general home-making, and pregnancy, the apartment was getting steadily dirtier. I could do the most important things, but all of the details were escaping me. So I hired this eco-friendly maid service came in - 3 women - and they spent 2 1/2 hours cleaning from top to bottom. That actually made me feel better - where would I have found the equivalent 7 1/2 hours to scrub and scour? The results have made me so happy. I may never go back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think I just felt a tremor here in Canada. It may have been your PoPo in her grave........
I'm thinking about having someone coming in and doing a good top to bottom clean before the holidays. Who did you use?
Post a Comment