Saturday, January 20, 2024

normal-ish

Friday felt almost like a normal snow day -- everything was still cancelled (the Lion King show we had tickets to attend, school, sports, in-person work) but we were back home and so happy to be here. Our space heaters did a wonderful job of warming the place, even better than we expected. It's been above 65 since mid-afternoon on all three floors, thanks to three heaters (one borrowed from my office). I spent half of yesterday and today in the kitchen, making various things that required extensive oven time (yay for more heat!): baked berry oatmeal, molasses cookies, banana nut muffins, braised lamb shanks, baked pasta, oatmeal sandwich bread.... 

Liesl went to hang out with Ella for a few hours, and Steve, Jasper, and I walked and slid around the neighborhood, marveling at all the downed trees. In the evening, Steve and Seb watched a movie (Heat: a 1995 cops and robbers flick) while Liesl and I did our nails and applied clay face masks. Very gender-stereotypical evening. :)


Today was back to normal routines, except everything on our schedule was still canceled. Jasper and I went walking around the Skyline cemetery, admiring the icicles; I ran 3 miles along Miller Rd, dodging icy spots; we went grocery shopping; Liesl made ice cream sundaes.

No comments: