Wednesday, November 23, 2022

climbing at Joshua Tree

On Tuesday, we drove to Joshua Tree National Park to do some rock climbing on the amazing formations there. Liesl had never climbed outside before, and it had been years for me, so it was exciting (and nerve-wracking). It turned out to be so fun for both of us.

Kim led our routes and set our anchors; the rest of us top-roped. Kim set 4 routes -- two easy ones, that everyone did, a 10c, and then an 11-something that only Danica climbed. I struggled a bit to figure out how to move, and what to hold on to, especially with my cold fingers and toes, but after I warmed up a bit it felt great. I was especially proud of Liesl for persisting -- for finishing her first climb, which was scary and unknown, and even more for doing a second climb, which turned out to be easier.





 



 

No comments: