Liesl's dance studio was able to hold their wonderful end-of-year ballet recital this spring, for the first time since 2019. Liesl was beyond excited to perform on the big stage, with full costumes and hair and makeup. There was a full dress rehearsal in the morning and then two shows, at 4 and 7 pm. Everyone did very well and we were so happy to see her shining on stage and having fun with friends.
The dress rehearsal was open to parents, and filming was allowed (not allowed during the actual performance, of course). All of my pics of the dance come from the morning rehearsal. A video of their final rehearsal is posted here.In between rehearsal and the first show, we went home for a late lunch and then getting ready. Liesl did her own makeup, having received instruction from Elite on what to buy and from Elia on how to apply it. I told her that next time I want/need makeup, she'll have to do mine.
We had tickets to see the 4 pm performance, Seb squeaking in just in time (he had a baseball game from 1-3). And then I was the room mom for the 7 pm performance, which meant I got to hang out with these sillies backstage, helping with hair and reminders. They played charades and poison dart frog, and did each other's hair and makeup. I was able to watch their performance from the wings.
Next weekend is the jazz and hip hop recital, so she'll be performing two dances in three shows. Can't wait!























No comments:
Post a Comment