Monday, September 27, 2021

Spy School series

Sebastian has long been a fan of the Spy School book series by Stuart Gibbs. It follows a 13-year old boy who is recruited into the CIA's spy academy for teens, and his misadventures both spy and friend-related. When Liesl was looking for a good new series a few weeks ago, he recommended she try it out, and she fell into it with enthusiasm. It's a 9-book series and the 9th was just released a month ago, which is always good news for book fans (more books might still be coming!). 

I often read books that the kids are reading, because they're usually short and sweet, and I can read them in a single stretch. So I started reading the first book, while Liesl was barrelling through books 3 onwards, and Seb was re-reading them for fun. And then Steve decided to get into the act as well, since there had to be something fun about books that everyone was simultaneously reading, and he started on book 1 once I moved on to book 2. And so for a few days there our whole family was reading Spy School and laughing about it together, and Steve was making the rest of us groan with his ability to predict all the future twists and turns of the plot.

No comments: