Sunday, March 14, 2021

Pi day

I decided to make chicken pot pies for dinner, mostly so that I could introduce Liesl to the concept of pi through Pi Day. (She loved the idea of a math joke, combined with a pun, and will probably remember the concept of pi, so that was a success!) 

I made four individual pies, entirely from scratch, and it took much longer than I expected and was extraordinarily heavy (half a stick of butter per serving?!). I can understand why these are not in the regular cooking rotation. That said, pot pie for dinner was delicious and fun!

In other news, Liesl and I cut each other's hair this morning.

In less exciting, but still good news, Liesl and I had a lovely Sunday together. We took Jasper for a walk, went grocery shopping, did some house cleaning, and sorted through her clothes to make room for new spring and summer clothes that fit. And I went running with Anja, as is our regular Sunday morning routine. The Wildwood is a bit muddy but the forest is starting to turn spring green.


No comments: