Sunday, May 17, 2020

marble run

On Saturday, Liesl and I spent over three hours clearing out and cleaning up her closet - old and outgrown clothes, toys, and books; old twin-bed sheets; random papers and projects -- and reorganizing what was left. It's amazing -- you couldn't see the shelf before because it was covered in clothes and boxes, and stuff was spilling off the top shelves. She's so happy with her expanded space, especially as her closet is functioning as her de facto classroom at the moment.

Liesl spent a few hours last week playing with the old wooden marble tracks - we have a huge box full of blocks and marbles and tracks, which has been sitting in Seb's closet. She and Arianna had a great time setting up various runs on the sloping driveway (and protecting them from the drizzle).
In other news, I sat outside (despite a drizzle) on Friday morning to take my work phone calls and Zoom meetings. Jasper kept me company and I was happy to be looking out at the green space. And I baked a cinnamon donut cake, which was delicious and very akin to a traditional sugar doughnut.

No comments: