Sunday, January 20, 2019

fig bread!

Since we were in California for Christmas, we did not make our traditional fig bread for Christmas breakfast this year. We all agreed that it was fine... change was fine... C&K's waffles were outstanding... we could just have fig bread next year. But then it turned out we were all sad and missing it. I only ever make fig bread for Christmas, usually with my mom, and apparently we couldn't last a whole another year without it. So Liesl and I made fig bread today, and it was delicious and wonderful and everything we'd wanted. It was her first time really participating in the making of fig bread - measuring the ingredients, kneading the dough, spreading the fig filling, fanning the bread - and I was delighted to bake with her and perhaps mutually imagine that some day she too might bake fig bread for her family.


No comments: