Liesl has been yearning to lose another tooth all year - she has been distraught that all of her friends have lost multiple baby teeth (one girl has lost 10 already!) and she has only had one tooth come out. We tell her it's okay and that it will happen when it happens, but she has been very focused on the unfairness of the situation and the inequities of the world. It was particularly heart-breaking when her best friend, Nora, lost a tooth last week.
But finally, finally! A second tooth has come out - on Sunday, in the car, while eating a plum. Phew.
The before....
Liesl's note to the tooth fairy read "Dear tooth fairy. I like to jump and sleep. I love snow. Love Liesl. PS what is your house made out of. What do you look like. I look like this."
Fortunately, our tooth fairy was more than up to the challenge of answering Liesl's questions.
The after. Happy girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment