In the fall, the kinder soccer team had practices and intra-squad scrimmages. It was great for Liesl to meet her classmates and to get some fresh air, exercise, and an introduction to the basic skills and rules. But today, she got the chance to "play up" against a first grade team in the the spring soccer league. (She was asked to be a substitute player - I asked her if she was interested in playing with her friends, and she said, "Will there be snack?" A girl's gotta have priorities.)
She was a little tentative at first, and unsure of how to play and what to do, but then she got really into it during the second half. She played defense, she dribbled the ball, she got into the scrum, and best of all, she scored two goals!!! Two! One of them was amazing - she actually dribbled the ball from half-field all the way down and then kicked it into the goal.
Afterwards, she said "I didn't know it would be so fun! Can I play with this team again?" Yay!
1 comment:
Super job, Liesl!!
Has Barcelona called you yet?
Bompy
Post a Comment