Thursday, October 17, 2013

autumn glory



Before we moved to Portland, I knew I would love the summers and suspected that I would struggle with the dreary springs. But I wasn't sure about the autumn, which in New York was one of my favorite seasons. Crisp air, incredibly blue skies, and the gorgeousness of leaves turning red, yellow, and orange all around us in the Hudson valley - I was afraid it would just rain here, or be cloudy, and the leaves wouldn't pop out in the sky or crunch underneath our feet in quite the same way. This September was spectacularly rainy and I felt a little sad... but then October!!!!  It's amazing! Just as pretty and perfect - cool mornings and warm afternoons, gorgeous fall color, and lots of sun. We are outside soaking it up as much as possible.

We love to try and catch leaves falling from the trees when the wind blows, but Seb decided he didn't want to wait for wind - it was just as fun to gather handfuls of leaves and throw them into the air and try to catch them.

No comments: