Seb, Liesl, and I spent a couple of hours this morning at our garden plot. We spread five bags of organic compost, a box of fertilizer, and then dug little holes and planted our various plant seedlings.
Sebastian was super helpful and really interested in everything - he raked, he dug, he fertilized and watered - and he is so excited to go back and see how everything looks. Liesl was a little less into the whole thing, in part because she was just having a cranky day, but also because she's not quite as clear about what's going on. We borrowed a box for her to sit on today, and I made a mental note to buy a little chair for her to hang out in during future visits.
 |
| Here's the before picture - soil doesn't look great, lots of grass and weeds growing. |
 |
| Since I'm a softie, I bought them cool little shovels for digging. |
 |
| Carefully carrying our plants through the trails to our little plot. |
 |
| And... action! Tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, lettuce, chard, kale, basil, spinach, beets. |
 |
| They each picked a flower and planted it - lavender for Seb, and a marigold for Liesl. |
 |
| The pre-existing rhubarb, plus our new squash, pumpkin, beans, and flowers. |
 |
| why am I headless? Seb took the picture. :) |
We managed to forget carrots and broccoli, and Liesl requested more flowers, so we may make another trip to the garden center. Oh, and I need gardening gloves - the dirt under my fingernails seems semi-permanent. It was a really fun morning and we're all excited to see how things develop.
No comments:
Post a Comment