I have a total crush on a food blogger - which is really unusual for me. I'm not usually one for crushing in general, and I don't follow recipes very often, and I don't like most food blogs - neither their tone nor their recipes. But I am having a serious thing for Deb Perelman's smitten kitchen. I discovered the blog about six months ago and have found myself reading through her recipes just for fun. I've made easily a dozen recipes from her site, maybe more.** see below for list**
Tonight's foray was her apple sharlotka, a Russian apple dessert that appealed to me for its ratio of apples to batter (very heavy on apples) and for its ease.
I think we might prefer apple crisps or pies, for their texture, or it could be that I just didn't cook it long enough, but it was still pretty good. Seb said it was his favorite cake ever and ate two pieces, so I guess that's good enough.
*updated to include a list: cauliflower and parmesan cake; strawberry biscuits; strawberry cake; blueberry muffins; kale salad; butternut squash and chickpeas; butternut squash soup; chocolate chip cookies; pumpkin muffins; granola bars, squash and greens pizza!
More, more: peanut butter cookies
No comments:
Post a Comment