We are in the throes of packing - sorting, culling, wrapping, boxing, labeling, stacking. Discovering that, like all good Americans, we have too much stuff. The kitchen is packed with things we rarely use, the clothes closets are stuffed with ill-fitting and no-longer fashionable items, the toy shelves overflow. I have too many clothes, too many photo albums. Steve is better on quantity, but worse on the organization. Packing has made our imminent move to Portland feel much more real.
The children stayed on at Grandma and Grandpa's on Long Island after Thanksgiving dinner, while we came home to tackle our to-do list. We'll see them later today for a Rockettes show at Radio City. I've been in this city 13 years and I've never seen the famous Christmas dancing show or been to Radio City.
Thanksgiving was great - turkey and all the usual trappings, and good company all around. It was great to see everyone and the children had a terrific time playing with cousin Rio and their aunts and uncles.
No comments:
Post a Comment