We have been so busy these last few weeks - vacation, then the close of Happy Harbor, scrambling for child care arrangements of various stripes (parents, grandparents, babysitters, gymnastics camp, new daycare), preparing for the fall and school, all coinciding of course with the busiest time of the year for me at work. Phew.
But today was the first day of kindergarten, and Sebastian did terrifically well. He was happy to get on the bus, happy to see his classroom and meet his teacher, and seemed perfectly comfortable, if reserved. Of course, the day was very short, beginning at 10 and ending by 12 noon, and I got to ride the school bus with him, so it was an easy introduction. After kindergarten, he rode the bus by himself to his after school program and stayed there for a few hours more. He was happy when I picked him up and ready to return tomorrow. We are so proud. I thought I might be more teary about it, but instead I was just happy to see him so ready to go off into the next new thing.
 |
| Notice Steve outside the window. He raced the school bus from our stop to the school, and easily won. Seb and the other kids and parents were very impressed. :) |
 |
| This is my favorite. He looks so proud and confident. |
 |
| Notice the way our boy, the observer, is safely in his own space at the back of the classroom. |
No comments:
Post a Comment