Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bunny Fufu and the duckies

Both of our children have lovies that they are very attached to. Liesl became very fond of her bunny by 3 or 4 months old, and now really needs it in order to go to sleep. She likes to eat the ears and smother her face in it. We have one for home, and one for daycare, and I'm considering buying a third, just in case. The original was actually a gift from Carl and Kim for Seb, when he was born, but he never really cared for it. We've named it Bunny Fufu, because I used to sing the little ditty to her when she was tiny:

Little Bunny Fufu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and bopping them in the head. Along comes the good fairy, and she says, "Little Bunny Fufu, I don't want to see you, picking up the field mice and bopping them in the head. I'm going to give you three chances, and then I'll turn you into a troll!" OOOOH!

And on it goes, with me enthusiastically bopping the children in the head, until the good fairy turns Bunny Fufu into a troll, and I throw the bunny up into the air and away, and say he was never seen again. Sebastian loved it as much as Liesl.

And Sebastian has his duckies, of course. Duckie 1 and 2, with no other names. He started out with one duckie, of course, but became so attached that we bought a second one. We intended to rotate them in and out, washing one while the other was in use. But then one day we made a mistake, and brought out the just-washed duckie while the other duckie was in his bed. He was thrilled, "Two duckies!!" And ever since, they have been inseparable. Always two. If he doesn't have both, he'll search until he finds the second. They sleep in his bed every night, and are what he wants when he's upset.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: