I remain, as before, fascinated and charmed by Sebastian's language skills. Some of his recent gems:
I think I can, I think I can: Grandma Raab bought him the classic Watty Piper book "The Little Engine that Could", in which the little blue engine makes it up the hill by chanting I think I can over and over. Sebastian now will repeat this phrase for himself, when running up a long hill, and for me, when I'm biking the two of us around.
Good job, mommy: this just makes me feel like a good parent, that he should know how to give praise and give it so freely.
Why? Why not?: Oh, yes. We have entered the why phase of things, bringing home to me how little I understand about how many things in the world work. I usually try my best for 3 or 4 whys, and then give up.
If you do that, I will be sad: the future conditional. I was impressed.
I had a nice time, and I'm so happy to see you!: Two things he says that are so very sweet. Sometimes I get the I'm so happy to see you! when I pick him up from daycare, and it just lights up my afternoon.
Are you happy?: I don't know where this came from. I don't think Steve or I make a habit of asking each other if the other is happy. But Sebastian really likes to ask, and if you aren't happy, he wants to know why. And if you're not happy because you're tired, he wants to know why. And occasionally, very very occasionally, if you're not happy because of his bad behavior, he will take steps to fix that behavior. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment