We've been working on teach Sebastian some language. It's slow going. He isn't that interested. :)
But so far, this is what we've got:
words
uh-oh = oops. also, I threw it intentionally on the ground and want it back.
dada = both mom and dad (the injustice!!!)
baaw = ball
jui = juice
mnnaa = milk
nana = banana
pees = please
uhuh = up
signs
turning palms up = "where is it?"
shaking hands at table = all done
blowing a kiss (i.e., bringing hand to mouth as he is carried out the door) = "I love you, buh-bye!"
If we ask him to point to various body parts, this is what we get:
nose = mouth
foot = eat your right foot
ear = ear!!
He'll clap his hands and stomp his feet, give high five, and hold his arms up for "how big is the baby?". But those are more visual than verbal cues. And with certain books, if we ask "Where's George (Curious George)?" or "Where's the gorilla?" he'll point to the right character. I've been meaning to get a video of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment