We introduced Sebastian to cow's milk last week. He seemed to like it, drinking 4-5 ounces from his sippy cup, but then he slept badly and we wondered if his stomach couldn't handle the lactose. So we cut back on the amount and he seems to be adjusting well. He's gotten really good at drinking from a sippy cup - he loves to pick it up by himself, by the handles, and tip his head waaaayyy back to drink.
On Friday we met up with our friends for a playdate at the Dobbs playground. It was, as always, so nice to see all my mom friends and their babies. And some of them are walking!!! Both Nathan and Anabelle are officially toddlers, taking their little steps around (arms outstretched). It's so great. I can't believe our boy, who seemed so close to walking in August, still isn't stepping out! Ah well - he's standing on his own more and more often. He grins when he does it, like he knows he's accomplishing something.
Some cute games from the past week:
While giving him a bath on Thursday, we started a game of back-and-forth splashing. I splashed my hand in the water once, and he did it once. Then I did it a few times, and so did he, and back and forth, until amid lots of giggles we were both splashing with both hands. The bath is so fun.
On Wednesday, I was lying on the floor on my back, with a glass of wine (a tumbler, not a stemmed glass) in one hand. He really wanted the glass, and crawled back and forth over my chest half a dozen times in pursuit of the glass. He would get 3/4 of the way over, and then I would move the glass to the other hand on the other side. So he would finish crawling over, turn around, and head back. I started giggling after the third time he did this, and he just gave me this baffled look (what's so funny? why's everything moving?) and kept going.
He's starting to crawl up on top of things - we have a low ottoman in the living room that he managed to climb up on Friday. He got up there and then sort of sat down and looked around and down. Had no idea what to do. I was impressed that he didn't just immediately try to get off and bonk himself on the head. I'm sure that's to come.
Inspired by the tale of Danica and Werdigo?, I started hiding little pieces of Sebastian's bread at the table. I would cover up a piece with my hand, and say "Where'd it go?". Well, he caught onto that right away, and would pick up my hand and grin at the bread. So I used my thumb to pin the piece to my palm so that when he picked up my hand the bread was gone. Huh!? He was so confused - looked all around, looked on the floor, looked at me. I put my hand back down on the table and he immediately picked it up again, grinning at me when the bread was once again there. Fun with babies...
No comments:
Post a Comment