Saturday, February 16, 2008

schedules etc


Sebastian has started to find a schedule for himself - eating and napping at somewhat regular intervals every day. It's made things less stressful for me, since when he starts to cry I have a better idea what he wants. And of course it's easier to take him out places when I know what to expect. He is also mostly staying in his crib between 9 pm and 7 am - he wakes occasionally and needs to be fed or comforted or changed, but he has clearly developed an idea of extended nighttime sleeping.

I've joined a mommy-and-baby group in Hastings, the town just south of us. There are 7 of us, and we meet every week to talk about stuff - our babies range from 7 weeks to 13 weeks, so we're all in the thick of the same things. It's amazing to see how much more alert and interested Sebastian is than those younger babies - it just reminds me that he is changing incredibly quickly, and learning so much.

He loves standing up (obviously with a lot of support). I've been trying to help him work on sitting by propping him up with pillows - he's still very prone to falling forward. When we put him on his tummy he still flails his arms and legs like mad - especially his legs. He really really wants to crawl, he just hasn't figured out the mechanics yet.

We've posted a few February pictures.

No comments: